Behind Closed Doors Extreme Summit
Sale Price: $14.00
You Save: $6.00 (30 %)
Item Number: 00014
In 1985 the leaders of the Super Powers, USA's Ronald Reagan and USSR's Mikhail Gorbachev, got together in Switzerland and held a summit which grabbed the attention of the world. Now, 20 years later, wrestling has assembled a summit of its own, the Extreme Summit, and the participants are the leaders of the hardcore revolution: Tod Gordon, Sandman, Too Cold Scorpion and Bill Alfonso! This is the DVD that will make you feel like you are sitting in on one hell of a party. You've heard the outrageous stories about ECW; the insanity, the debauchery and the brutality. Now hear it straight from the men who redefined what hardcore wrestling was all about in this exclusive interview with all four of these guys at once.
This was the origianl extreme clique. These guys traveled all over the road together when ECW started, when it was a close knit family. The stories that they share are hilarious and have NEVER been told before on camera. You think you've heard it all? Well think again. Sandman had no sleep for 24 hours before this interview, so he was off the wall!!!! It was also 4:20 when we did this interview if you catch our drift! The video contains alot of crazy stories, told by some of the best talkers in the business. There was also some major stuff going on during this interview that old school ECW fans will pop for as you will see first hand what kind of partying these guys did. The stories that they told are legendary, and you get to be a fly on the wall to hear them all. Who slept with who? What kind of trouble did these guys get into on the road? They talk alot about the ECW Hardcore Homecoming PPV and also the WWE version of ECW. You will finally hear how all the guys felt about Paul Heyman. What they thought about Tod leaving the company and if they thought Tod was shafted by Paul Heyman. Who did what kind of drugs? How Sandman almost died a few times and nobody knew. How Bill Alfonso went to a WAWA at 4AM and worked a inury in one of the aisles to get free medical treatment. This interview is loaded with crazy funny stories that will have you crying from laughing so hard.It's all about the wild and crazy nights.
We discussed the early days of ECW and we talked aboutall the early wrestlers in ECW. Sandman and Scorpio exchanged crazy sex stories about ring rats. What went on in the hotel rooms when they would share rooms? They talked about their famous matches together as a tag team. You will hear stuff about Cactus Jack and the Sandman that are will blow your mind. All three guys team up on Fonize as well about his pick of the local rats. They talk about all their famous matches and angles as well. This is just a very fun interview to watch. We talked alot about what the future of wrestling should be. In fact this was not like any interview we have ever conducted before, it was like six guys, having a blast just telling stories about ECW. It is just hilarious as everyone was in a great mood. Here is a list of just some of the topics that we discussed:
- For all of you, can you update us on what you are doing today since the last time you were each in ECW?
- How did the 3 of you react when Tod was let go/resigned?
- Tod, Paul Heyman on the ECW DVD talks about the whole "mole" fiasco, breaking into your voice mail, etc. How true was what he said and what really happened?
- Were any of you contacted about a jump to WCW through Tod?
- How accurate do you guys think the story of ECW was as told on the DVD?
- Do you think WWE will reopen ECW as another brand
- Could an ECW succeed today
- What do you both think made ECW so successful, and at what point do you think ECW was at its highest point? Conversely, what do you think caused ECW to fail and what do you think other than the close itself was the lowest point?
- How aware were any of you guys of the Vince McMahon's financial involvement in ECW?
- Do you think any of you were suckered by Paul Heyman
- It has become public that Paul was under contract to the WWE before ECW actually closed, what are your thoughts on that
- Sandman, how did things work out this past Monday for you? Were the ECW guys treated any different this time as compared to several years ago when u guys did the few things on Raw? To the others, what did you all think of the segment?
- To all of you, what do you think of the way the ECW show is being booked and produced?
- Is anyone here still owed money by ECW?
- The current state of the business, what is wrong with it, how can it be fixed
- What do you think or who do you think is the future of the business
- Do you think reality tv will play a role in the resurrgence of wrestling
- Candido memories/thoughts
- Road stories/ribs
- Guys who you both think never realized their potential
- Did it bother any of you when a journeyman worker would come in and not take ECW as seriously as you guys and if so, can you point out any examples?
- Fonzie, how important was the match you had with Buelah to keeping your job?
- Talk about the drug scene in ECW
- Tod, do you think it compromised your authority when you would party with the boys?
- Scorp and Fonzie, how would you compare the drug and party scene in ECW to that in the WWF or WCW?
- How real was the rivalry between Tod and your "clique" and the NY "clique"
- Scorp and Sandman, you both left ECW for better offers elsewhere. Do you regret those decisions?
- What are all of your relationships like with Paul Heyman today?
- Tod, does it bother you that Paul gets a lot more credit for the success of ECW when it was your hard earned money that started and kept it afloat?
- Thoughts from the other guys? What is it today that keeps any of the indys from even coming close to what ECW had?
- All, what kind of advice would you give for aspiring wrestlers
- All, what do you think is the biggest missing ingredient from the wrestlers on the indys today?
- What were the biggest sacrifices, personally or physically that any of you made for ECW
- What is the biggest misconception about ECW
- Do any of you think that TNA can compete with the WWE
- Who do any of you think were the most overpushed guys/girls in ECW?
- Fonzie and Sandman, talk about the final show in Pine Bluff
- All of you, thoughts on Chris Candido
- Who do you think out there on the indys or Japan today would be a big player in ECW if it were still around?
- How do you guys explain the longevity of a Steve Corino as compared to some of the other guys who just bounced around the indys?
- Scorp, do you think Takeshi Rikio is a failure as GHC Champion?
- To any of you, what makes a great match?
- What advice would you all give to kids breaking into wrestling?
- All - If any of you were going to put a tape on and show someone what ECW was all about, what would you put on?
- All, how did the jump of Mike Awesome, the quick switch to Taz, the job to HHH and then switch to Dreamer and Justin affect ECW long term?
- Dave Meltzer wrote a lengthy piece about ECW and said that Vince McMahon's deal as part of funding Paul was for Paul to steer talent towards Vince and away from WCW when leaving.
- What do you all think of that, and can you remember any instances where that happened?
- Tod, could you run ECW shows under Eastern Championship Wrestling?
- Do any of you watch WWE or TNA and if so, thoughts on the shows, the booking, and the new talent?
- Fonzie/Sand- Did it bother you that during the last six months or so that Paul never came to the shows?
- Sand - You originally said you were not doing either ECW show. Why the change of heart?
- Tod, what happened with 3pW?
- Who is the one person you guys would have liked to see in ECW that never made it to ECW
- Do you think towards the end that the lack of major star power killed ECW?
- Thoughts on steroids in the business?
- Scorp/Sandman - On your final nights in ECW before leaving for the WWE and WCW respectively, did you really believe they would be your final nights and memories?
- Sand/Scorp - How did ECW change when you came back
- Tod - Did Paul ever talk to you about coming back as a character?
- How much influence did you all have in booking?
- Do you guys think doing a job is not as big a deal as some people make?
Sandman, 4 years ago ina shoot interview you said in five years you would like to get into politics and go to law school, are those still your goals? Who do you guys think are the most overrated workers in the business?
- All - talk about the politics in ECW, were they any different than WWE and WCW
watching it right now
(los angeles, CA)
3/20/2013 6:49 AM
GREAT stories one of my favorite shoots. Gotta love the posse and Todd is god! Word to the rat Scorpio was slamming! 2 cold is one of the greatest and sandman is funny ass fuck. "Ecw ecw ecw". Fonsie is hella cool and doing gimmick as soon as he left the hospital lol, Todd g booking for paul without getting paid for it. Long live the posse
pls follow instructions
1/30/2012 1:33 AM
AN AWESOME INSIGHT INTO ECW
10/21/2008 7:41 AM
WHAT A DVD!!! THIS WAS FILMED RIGHT B4 THE HARDCORE HOMECOMING AND THE ECW ONE NIGHT STAND 2005 SHOW PRODUCED BY WWE. IF YOU LISTEN IN CAREFULLY, YOU CAN HEAR TODD GORDON TALKING TO PAUL HEYMAN ON THE PHONE TELLING HIM HOW TO BOOK THE TAZZ VS KURT ANGLE BRAWL THAT ACTUALLY TOOK PLACE AT THE END OF THE ONE NIGHT STAND SHOW. ALSO ARE GREAT ROAD STORIES. YOU'LL HEAR ABOUT FONZIE MILKING AN INJURY IN A GAS STATION BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE INSURANCE. LOTS OF STORIES ABOUT CHICKS, DRUGS AND WRESTLING IN GENERAL. IF YOU'RE A FAN OF THE ORIGINAL ECW, THIS IS A GREAT DVD THAT YOU MUST ADD TO YOUR COLLECTION.
Welcome 2 the X-treme
1/17/2007 10:49 PM
This DVD is one of a kind and a must have for any ECW fan, this interview has it all including beer and smoke. Watch as the ECW originals recall all the greatest moments in the companies history including road stories and ribs.
Behind Closed Doors: The Extreme Summit
10/29/2006 12:25 PM
Hello fellow Rf Video customers, Anthony Alston here with a review of one of RF Video's best all-time releases (in my opinion of course). The Extreme Summit is a shoot-style interview that features comments from ECW orginals Tod Gordon, the Sandman, Too Cold Scorpio, and Bill Alfonso. I won't give too much away in this review because I don't want to spoil it for those of you out there who want to buy it or take money out of RF Video's pocket (LOL), but I cannot recommend this DVD enough. I mean there is one story in particular that is told by Tod, Sandman, and Scorpio regarding a certain female member of ECW's old damage control medical staff that has to be heard to be believed and believe me it is pretty damn hilarious. One of the best things about the extreme summit is that it comes off as more of a conversation between old friends recounting their memories in the business and offering their insight on the current state of the business with the Rf Video staff offereing their thoughts as well. All the interviewees were great, but to me Sandman was the king of this interview as he had me in tears by the time I finished watching it. The Sandman just comes off as a regular guy who you could meet at any party or bar in your neighborhood and it just comes shining through on this DVD. The guys talk about the party and drug scene in ECW as well as give thier honest and uncensored opinions on the WWE's revival of ECW. Many others topics are discussed that you really have to see and hear for yourself because I dont't want to spoil them for you,but I promise you will not regret the money you spend on this DVD. Overall recommendation: I give 5 stone stunners out of 5.
Longtime and loyal customer,