THIS IS HANNIBAL - Best of Devon Nicholson DVD
Devon Nicholson is the last wrestler to graduate from the Hart family dungeon where he trained alongside Harry Smith, Ted Hart, TJ Wilson, Jack Evan's and Nattie Neidhart. He also spent time training with Jacques Rougeau in Montreal with ROH Champion Kevin Steen. He has wrestled for WWE, TNA, IWA and WWC Puerto Rico, All Star Wrestling in Europe, New Japan USA, Stampede Wrestling, Great North Wrestling and many other well-known groups.
He has worked with many top stars in the wrestling business including Superstar Billy Graham, Terry Funk, The Hart Family, Christian, "Psycho" Sid Vicious, Jeff Jarret, Abdullah The Butcher and countless others.
After 14 unsuccessful WWE try outs Nicholson attended a week long WWE try out camp in 2009 where he was told by longtime agent Pat Patterson that he was "by far the best wrestler in the camp" and was heavily praised by Dusty Rhodes for his promo ability. Several wrestlers on the current WWE roster were hired from that camp most notably AJ lee. Despite getting in a fight at the camp and being told in his official FCW evaluation that he was "arrogant and a bully" he was offered a WWE contract in 2009 by WWE talent relations who informed him "they loved his wrestling style and attitude."
Unfortunately Devon’s contract was rescinded 3 months later due to the Hepatitis C he believes he caught from Abdullah The Butcher cutting him with an unsanitary razor blade. There is an ongoing lawsuit in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice against Abdullah for negligence, assault and battery because of this. Nicholson, who won a silver medal at the 2012 Canadian Greco Roman Wrestling Olympic trials is currently undergoing chemotherapy like Hepatitis C treatment that so far has been effective. The treatment could cure him of the disease forever by September 2013 allowing him to return to the pro wrestling and MMA worlds without licensing issues.
Movie, stories and behind the scenes footage
- 2013 updated and re-edited version of the “This is Hannibal” documentary about Devon Nicholson’s life and wrestling career. The documentary has played in theaters and was part of 2 film festivals. The 2013 version will make its theatrical debut March 3rd
2013 and will be in more film festivals this year. Devon Nicholson reveals a lot of never before heard information in the updated version of the film which also includes pictures from Superstar Billy Graham's (Nicholson's friend and mentor) private photo collection.
- Devon Nicholson tells the story of the time he wrestled The Undertaker prior to a January 2005 Smackdown taping at the Bell Center in Montreal.
- Devon Nicholson trains at his old high school where he was a Junior National Freestyle wrestling champion as a teenager.
- Directors“behind the scenes” commentary of the making of “This is Hannibal”.
Wrestling, story and promo footage
- “Revenge is Sweet” – The behind the scenes story leading up to Abdullah The Butchers final match ever in Canada where he teamed withHannibal to obliterate 2 Canadian talents.
- “Terry Funk’s Last Angle” – The story and footage of the last serious angle the legendary Terry Funk ever participated in. The story features never before seen footage of the brutal press conference leading up to the match between Hannibal vs. Kevin Nash with Terry Funk as the special guest enforcer in front of more than 3000 fans.
- Hannibal Promo on Lanny Poffo featuring match footage.
- Hannibal Promo on Tommy Dreamer featuring match footage from Abdullah The Butchers Montreal retirement match where he was pinned by Hannibal clean in the middle of the ring. Hannibal is the former protege of Abdullah The Butcher and is now the protege of "Superstar" Billy Graham.
- Tables, Ladders and Chairs match – Hannibal vs. Jeremy Prophet in front of 1200 fans.
- Macho Man Memorial show match before 1400 fans – Hannibal vs. “The Prodigy” Nathan Banner (Pro Wrestling Zero 1)